Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based reference management programme which you can use wherever you are, as long as there is an Internet connection. You can use the RefWorks program to, for example
- collect, organise and utilise references
- import references from various databases
- quickly create a bibliography
- mark references on the text
There are two versions of RefWorks. This guide focuses on the New RefWorks.
User guide of RefWorks Legacy (old RefWorks >>
Create a RefWorks account
- Go to RefWorks https://refworks.proquest.com/ and select Create account.
- Give your Haaga-Helia e-mail address.You will receive a notification "Good News! Refworks is available at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences." Enter a password to create a new account.
- You will receive an activation email. Activate your account by clicking "To confirm your RefWorks account, click this link".
- By clicking the link you are directed back to Refworks. Complete your user data: name and user group (Bachelor's students: Undergraduate student, Master's students: Graduate student, etc).
N.B.! You cannot use your old RefWorks user ID to log in to the ne RefWorks. You must create a new account for the new RefWorks.
You will continue to have access to RefWorks even after you graduate from Haaga-Helia. Remember to update your profile in Settings:
- Role: Alumnus/Alumna
- Replace Haaga-Helia's e-mail address with another address.
Problems loging in?
If Internet Explorer shows an empty page, select Tools - Compatibility View.
Forgot your password?
- Enter your e-mail address on RefWorks login page.
- Click Forgot Your Password?.
- Rewrite your e-mail address and click Continue. You will receive an e-mail with a link and instructions for changing your password.
Saavutettavuusseloste / Accessibility Statement