Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information about this guide
Welcome to the guide How to search for information!
In this guide you will find tips for your information searches, including
- defining the search topic
- formulating searches
- various information sources
- evaluating search results
Send us feedback on the guide
If you need more help in information searching
Take part in our information search training
- targeted to students working on their theses, but anyone can attend
- more information in our training calendar
Book an appointment for personal information search guidance
We arrange personal guidance sessions on information searching. For quick questions, book a time for Info Express (max. 15 min). We do our best to arrange an Info Express session as quickly as possible.
If you need more help with your information searching, book a time for Personal Guidance Session. These longer sessions are suitable, for instance, if you need help with finding suitable source materials for your thesis.
Using library materials
- library card needed for borrowing
- e-resources (e-books, e-articles and e-journals, databases) are accessed with Haaga-Helia's user ID (HAKA login). Exceptions are instructed in connection with the database.
- how and for what purpose the e-material may be used
- who may use the material
- how the material may be copied, printed, etc.
Saavutettavuusseloste / Accessibility Statement